Retina Consultants of Southern Colorado (RCSC) will remain open during the Covid-19 Pandemic to care for patients with urgent and emergent needs. We share your concerns and have implemented the following policies to ensure the safety of our patients and staffs. These changes will remain in effect util further notice. We will update this page regularly so please check back often.
- We will only schedule urgent and emergent clinic appointments at this time. If you have an existing appointment, please expect a call from our office to determine if your appointment needs to be rescheduled. Non urgent appointments will be scheduled out after Memorial Day.
- We will only schedule urgent and emergent surgeries. All ‘elective’ surgeries will be rescheduled
- Patients with upper respiratory symptoms such as sneezing, coughing and fever, patients with exposure to Covid-19 or is symptomatic from Covid-19 infection will be evaluated on a case by case basis ahead of the clinic visit by phone. If you or your family fall in this category, please do not show up without prior authorization. You will put others at risk and will be asked to leave. Should a such patient need to be seen, we will arrange a time for such patients to be seen in isolation from the general patient population.
Preparation for your clinic appointment
- Please do not come if you have symptoms of sneezing, coughing, and fever without prior authorization.
- Please wear a mask to cover the nose and mouth region. Cloth masks, surgical masks, and N95 masks are acceptable.
- Expect to be greeted by our staff prior to entering our office. You will be screened for symptoms and exposure to Covid-19.
- Upon entering our clinic you’ll be required to sanitize your hands
- When possible, we ask that family members and caregivers remain outside the clinic.
- We limit the amount of patients in our clinics at any given time. Should the clinic volume exceed the safe limit, we will ask patients and guests to wait outside the clinic.
Safety measures taken at RCSC
- We pre-screen all patients prior to their visit
- Our office furniture have been re-arranged to allow safe social distancing
- All doctors and staff are required to use face masks
- All doctors and staff are required to sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting each patient encounter
- Waiting room counters and furniture are wiped down on a scheduled basis
- Exam rooms are wiped down after each patient visit